It’s hard to believe that it’s time to share the first few workshops of VCC’s fall season. We’re looking forward to providing you with an exciting year of learning. Please be signed into the website to access the following links:
* August 28 – Introduction to VCC Internal Competitions with Jill Turyk
Jill Turyk will share essential information on how to participate and succeed in VCC Internal Competitions. This workshop is designed for members who are new to the VCC Internal Competitions process and open to members at all competition levels.
* August 29 – Getting the Most Out Of VCC External Competitions with Jim Fowler
Jim Fowler will share information on how to participate and succeed in VCC External Competitions. This workshop is designed for members new to VCC External Competitions, and members who have previously entered external competitions but feel they don’t get much from the experience.
* September 11 – VCC Website Orientation: Tips, Tricks and Tabs with Richard Letourneau and Greg Blaney
In this approximately one hour Zoom presentation you will learn about the intricacies of Victoria Camera Club’s extensive website. This workshop will allow you to see first-hand and to learn more about the navigational tools and shortcuts, as well as hidden gems of information.
* September 18 – Intermediate/Advanced Image Review – Nature Images with Nick and Kathryn Delaney
Kathryn and Nick Delany will be running a new series of image reviews (three in total) for our Intermediate and Advanced members in 2023-24. We have invited three guest reviewers to join us and we will review approximately 12 images per session.
* September 19 – Bird Photography 101 Workshop with Liron Gertsman
Join Vancouver-based, award-winning professional wildlife photographer Liron Gertsman for an in-depth bird photography workshop, featuring tips, tricks and techniques for bird photography that can be applied regardless of your camera of choice. The program will also include an overview of post-processing techniques to help make your bird photos shine.
* September 26 – “Where Do Your Photos Live” Printing Workshop with Steve Austin
• Why Print your photography?
• Preparing your Images for Print
• Choosing the right Printer and Paper
• The Printing Process
There are many more workshops to come so stay tuned. Registration opens Saturday mornings at 9 am, 4 weeks prior to a workshop.